Friday, July 19, 2013

To the Coast

Hi all!  I have just left Mount Rainier National Park and am now on my way to Olympic National Park on the coast.
The Peak

Bench Lake
My trip to Mount Rainier was short, but it was amazing.  This was the first time I had been there, and I was blown away by the shear size of the mountain and the  weather was beautiful.  The numerous waterfalls and glaciers that covered its slopes were a sight to see.  I spent most of Thursday exploring the park, hiking to old forest groves, waterfalls, and snow fed lakes.  All of it seemed so impressive and clean.  I will definitely be back.


I am now heading North and West to the coast, where I will spend four days in the beaches and temperate rainforests of the Olympic Peninsula.  I will then be heading for a night in Seattle where I will hopefully be able to update everyone again.

1 comment:

  1. yay! This looks awesome. Maybe I'll meet up with you in the fall.

    ReplyDelete