Thursday, July 4, 2013

The First Post

Hey All!

Welcome to my travel blog!  Here, I will give updates on my progress and experiences, as well as post lots of pictures.

For those of you who don't know, this summer I am going on a 3-4 month trip across the United States visiting over thirty national parks as well as other points of interest.  I will be starting on July 12th and won't return until sometime around Late October/ Early November.  By car, I will start off traveling North to Washington, then across the northern US all the way to the Eastern most point of the U.S.  I will then head South as far as the Carolinas, then Eastward through Kentucky, Arkansas and Texas to a final stretch through the Southwest.  Most of the nights will be spent camping in the parks, with a few nights in motels, friends houses, and probably a few in my car.

I will post regularly about my project and try and share as much of the experiences with everyone stuck at home.  On the sidebar, you can find a list of the national parks I will be visiting, in order.  There is also a box listing my most recent location and links to my planned route as well as other useful resources.

At the bottom of the blog you will find contact information.  I would love to keep in touch with people while traveling, so please feel free to contact me.  If you find yourself on or near my route, it would be great to see friends and family, so please let me know and I will stop by.

I think that's it for now.  Right now I am still in full planning mode, trying to make sure everything is ready for when I leave. Happy 4th everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment