Sunday, September 1, 2013

Qucik Update: Cuyahoga Valley

The Turnpike over the old Erie Canal
  Just a quick one for a small park.  Cuyahoga Valley (CV) is located south of Cleveland, OH along the old Erie-Ohio Canal.  In all honesty, it probably shouldn't be called a national park; it is much smaller and more developed than any of the others I have been to.  Maybe I have just been jaded by the size and ruggedness of the more recent parks, I have been to, but I was slightly underwhelmed.  That being said, it was a very pretty area.  I only spent a few hours there, but was able to see some of the old buildings from the Industrial Revolution that still stand withing the park.  Brandywine Falls was also more impressive then I imagined.

Brandywine Falls
I will get a couple pics of the park up in a few days.  Right now, I am spending a night on the shores of Lake Ontario before heading up to Northern Vermont to see my Grandparents (step-mom's side), which I am really looking forward to as I haven't been there in a long while.  After that, it is on to Acadia NP in Maine for a few days, before I turn South and begin the second half of my trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment